Are you an aspiring writer who is serious about becoming a novelist! Critically acclaimed author Joe Ide discusses:
- Ingredients that make one story compelling and another fall flat.
- Methods for creating dynamic characters and dialogue that’s sharp, smart and entertaining.
- Building action scenes, as well as the basics of rewriting.
- Publishing field: the gatekeepers, who they are and what they expect.
- What publishers are looking for and what they’ll reject out of hand.
- Other practical questions like:" I’m about to write a 300-page novel; how do I start?" "Prologue or no prologue?" "I’m stuck. What do I do now?" "How do I write twists and turns?" "What am I looking for when I’m rewriting?" "How do I develop my 'voice'?"
When: November 21, 2020
Time: 10:00 am PST
Where: Zoom, register below
Cost: Members $10.00