Join SCWA on the third Saturday of each month for an exciting opportunity to learn about the writing industry. Novelists, screenwriters, journalists, agents, and marketing experts provide information on the art, craft, and business of writing.
A buffet lunch is included.
Active members receive the following benefits:
- A 30% discount on admission to SCWA meetings, which includes an all-you-can-eat lunch. Attend these mini–writer’s conferences every month to improve your craft and learn from bestselling authors, professional journalists, screenwriters, mystery writers, poets, and highly sought-after instructors.
- Free monthly SCWA Newsletter that tells about upcoming speakers, reviews past meetings, and gives timely advice on the writing craft.
- Recognition for member achievements at meetings and in the newsletter.
- Scholarships and discounts for select writers’ conferences.
- Monthly opportunities to network with publishing pros, journalists, business and PR writers, editors, and published and unpublished authors in all stages of the writing journey.
- Free 30-minute consultation with book shepherd Sharon Goldinger on publishing contracts.
- Participation in SCWA marketing platforms on SouthernCalWriters.org and SCWA social media platforms.
- Access to up-to-date and cutting-edge articles on the craft and the business of publishing.
- The opportunity to receive a critique of your first 20 pages by an SCWA Board Member, available for $20.
- Members-only special events, workshops, and programs.
- Showcasing of your author bio and book promotion on the SCWA website, SouthernCalWriters.org, which also offers speaker information and helpful links.
- Craft Shop
- Pub Shop