Welcome to SCWA!
Writing is often solitary, and it’s so important to find a community of people who support and encourage you. SCWA is that place for you.
Our mission is to support writers—from beginning writers to multipublished authors in every genre—and encourage their quest to write, to finish, and to publish their novels, plays, short stories, essays, and more.
We offer education, networking, resources, and most importantly, support for you and your writing. We care about each other and we show it.
SCWA membership has very special benefits:
- Craft Building—Whether you need help with writing, editing, publishing, or marketing, we cover it all in meetings, seminars, and one-on-one coaching.
- Networking—Our community of accomplished writers and book professionals helps members connect and benefit from their expertise. Ask for help and we will be there for you.
- Events—Our calendar is full of online workshops and author spotlights, with discounts for members, including some member-only events and content.
- Promotion—Build and expand your platform, and showcase your writing, promote your books, and share your knowledge via SCWA’s social media, website, YouTube channel, and anthologies.
SCWA has inspired many writers to realize their dream of writing a story and being published. Bring your dream with you. SCWA will help you make it real.
Your SCWA Membership Advantages
- Discounts of 25-60% on all SCWA events, including Featured Monthly Speakers, Craft Shops, Pub Shops, and special events presented by recognized authors and experts on a wide variety of book topics that help us improve our writing craft and publishing skills.
- Publishing opportunities – Member Profiles and Members’ Showcase provide online visibility with options for social sharing.
- Social Media connections and community – Our public Facebook group provides opportunities to connect, learn and promote your books and achievements. Our Members Only Facebook group provides early access to event recordings and other exclusive content. Our e-newsletter keeps you up to date on events, news and helpful information.
- Zoom and YouTube provide access to our events no matter where you are in the world. We are now a global community of writers supporting each other, expanding our knowledge and improving our craft.
- Marketing Opportunities through our social media, YouTube, online book tours, Facebook Monday Promos, and e-newsletter. Our website provides growing visibility for SCWA and our members.
- Professional support from our board and book publishing pros, including a free 30-minute publishing contract review with publishing consultant Sharon Goldinger, plus critiques of your first 20 pages by a board member for $20
- Recognition – we celebrate your success on social media, in our e-newsletter and at our events. Our monthly Writing Contest winner is recognized in our e-newsletter and at our meetings.
- Socializing and fun – we are a unique group of writers who love to have fun while we learn. Our virtual happy hour has become a big hit, and our events are both informative and entertaining.